Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Signing songs

Lorelei and inspiration are my biggest assets in learning sign language for Lillian. Yes, my toddler is the leader of the education for our family. She loves watching Signing Time with a passion, and is often showing me a sign she's picked up that I don't know.

Today's inspiration comes from Lorelei singing around the apartment and the fact that I've struggled to remember the sign for "daughter". We've made up a little song, which I think I'll call "My Daughter". To sign, you need to know four signs ("daughter", "I love you", "my", and "mother").

My Daughter

Daughter, daughter
I love you, my daughter
Daughter, daughter
I love you

Ridiculously simple, I know. We repeated it several times and occasionally replaced daughter with mother. So far, so good... and I finally learned the sign for daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates Blogger Templates
Blogger Backgrounds
MySpace Comments